Terms and conditions
Douro Walks is a company owned by António Henriques. It is a registered brand and has a license with the number 126/2019 provided by the Tourism of Portugal.
Below are the details of the terms and conditions of the booking agreement. When you complete the booking process, you agree to accept all of these terms and conditions. You also warrant that the information given by you when making a booking is complete and true.
Douro Walks can be contacted via email on email@example.com
Participants are required to accept the following terms and conditions:
- Tours are run by Douro Walks according to the programmes published on the website www.dourowalks.com
- All tours are provided in English only.
- By purchasing this excursion the participant acknowledges that all participants included in this reservation are in good health and have read the tour description. Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you realize and accept the risks and hazards potentially involved in active holidays and that you are mentally and physically capable of undertaking your chosen trip. You must inform Douro Walks if you have an existing medical condition or disability that might affect your holiday before you book it. All of our excursions require us to be active, healthy and fit before taking part of it. You are also responsible for bringing with you the proper clothing and equipment, which we advise you about.
- In the event of strikes, extreme weather conditions, traffic delays or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the company, Douro Walks reserves the right to change the published itinerary without notice.
- No refund will be given to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the tour for whatever reason. No refund as well to situations such as last minute changing plans or «no-show».
- In case of delay by the customer, it may be carried out at a later time on the same or another day, if Douro Walks is available for this. If there is no such availability, no refund will be made.
- Cancellations due to bad weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances will be accepted with a total refund.
- A tour is fully refundable only if the cancellation or modification of the bookings is asked 15 days prior to the experience. If it happens less than 15 days to the scheduled tour, Douro Walks will charge 50% of the tour. If the cancellation happens up to 72 hours before the tour without reasons mentioned on number 7, Douro Walks will charge 100% of the tour.
- Douro Walks cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage caused or for any expenses incurred by actions of third parties or by events beyond the control of the company.
- Douro Walks cannot accept responsibility for the loss of personal items during any part of the tour including but not limited to baggage, money and valuables.
- Douro Walks has insurance cover required by the Tourism of Portugal. Guests are strongly encouraged to purchase their own travel insurance before travelling.
- Douro Walks operates in accordance with current laws. Any dispute leading to legal action will be settled by the Court of Viseu.